Sometimes, as parents, we just run out of creative, new ways to keep busy kids happy and occupied. Things are uncertain, and while camps and activities are scarce here are some fun and engaging DIY projects for the home. They’re easy to make, so you won’t lose your mind in the crafting process, and we guarantee your kids will love them.
DIY Projects For Kids
- 1. Unicorn Poop Slime Recipe. If you are looking for cool DIYs for kids to make at home, it does not get much better than learning how to make slime like this DIY unicorn poop. For a kid’s craft idea that is fun to play with, one that entertains children for hours.
- Fun Handprint Canvas Art Ideas. These are perfect art and DIY kid’s crafts, especially for toddlers. Help their imagination soar with what animal or insect they can come up with using their own prints.
- DIY Balloon Rocket. Balloons are a classic childhood staple. It never fails to provide kids of all ages hours of fun and entertainment. This DIY balloon rocket is an easy craft that doubles as a science experiment. Any kid will be fascinated by this simple craft project.
- DIY Dream Catchers. Dream Catchers might appear tricky, but if you follow the steps you’ll be weaving your way to a good night’s sleep in no time. Most dreamcatchers are simply made of a hoop, some kind of weave in the center, and a tail. This craft allows kids to work with their hands and make something beautiful in the process.
- DIY Wooden Robot. Looking for a fun DIY homemade toy project to make with your kids? If you want to make a simple wooden toy with a minimum of tools or are looking for the first woodworking experience for older kids, try this robot!
- Ribbon Flower Headband. Make this pretty headband for your little princess or as a gift, it’s easy and inexpensive. It’s perfect for beginners and advanced crafters alike. Start crafting with your kids!
- DIY Finger Puppets. A little felt, googly eyes, and glue, and your kids can create their very own finger puppet show. I’m sure their show will delight both the young and young at heart. So now you know who will entertain your guests at your next dinner party!
- DIY Mason Jar Fairy Lights. DIY mason jar fairy lights are surprisingly easy to make for the entertainment value they offer. Unlike many DIYs that have long lists of supplies you may or may not find readily available, this one just uses glow-in-the-dark paint, glitter, and pretty much any clean jar you can find. This cool glow-in-the-dark craft is a neat project idea for kids and teens, but I have to admit that adults find glow-in-the-dark fairies to be mesmerizing as well.
- Walkie Talkie Cans DIY. Show how kids communicated in the old days before mobile phones and gadgets with these walkie-talkie cans. Reminiscing about good old times will make perfect playtime while teaching your kids what cool stuff can be made with upcycling.
- Simple DIY Princess Wand. Does your little girl like to play pretend? Give her a new role to play by teaching her how to make this DIY princess wand. I’m sure she’ll enjoy long hours of pretend-play any time the mood strikes.