We all know that being active and participating in a regular workout program is good for our mind, body, and soul. But sometimes the internal dialogue that tells us to skip our workout or grab takeout and work a few hours more takes over. When this happens, it can be hard to follow through on your plan to make it to the gym and prioritize fitness.
Here’s a list of motivational tips you can do to not miss your workout.
- Set Realistic Goals. Start with small achievable ones, because a win is a win no matter the size. And wins create motivation. Set realistic goals, tips, and tricks can help you be consistent.
- Visualization: You’ve set your goals. Next is to Visualize. Visualize the steps needed to reach them. If it’s a half-marathon, find a training program, buy those running shoes, commit to a schedule.
- Schedule it in your calendar. Decide what type of workout you’ll do, for how long, and where. Then, spend 10 minutes planning your activity for the rest of the week.
- Hire a Personal Trainer. If you don’t know where to start or need a professional to keep you on track, hire a personal trainer. It’s also an excellent option for people who are money-driven. Consider this. Every missed session is money lost.
- Reward Yourself: At each milestone, celebrate. You deserve it! This may mean a new workout shirt or pair of sneakers! Whatever reward works for you and won’t derail your progress.
Finding the motivation to exercise starts with carving out time in your day to make fitness a priority. So, the next time you’re thinking about ditching your workout, try one of these motivational hacks.