Grilling Recipes Kids Will Love
Eating outside is one of the joys of summer. For the kids, it’s about fresh air and fun. For me, it’s about not having to clean the floor. And cooking all the food outside? Even. Better. Here are some grilling recipes your kids would surely love!
- All-in-One Meals Pork and Pineapple Kabobs. Everything is always better on a stick. All the flavors of Hawaiian pizza on a stick makes for a very tasty dinner. Throw a pepper in between and you’ve got a built-in veggie too.
- Shrimp Fajitas. Just bring a pile of tortillas to the table and you’ll have a steaming pocket of shrimp, bell peppers and scallions that each person can pick and choose their way through.
- Meat and Veggie Turkey Burgers. Boost the flavor in your burgers with two can’t-miss ingredients. And if you’re doing mini burgers for kids, try dinner rolls for buns. They work perfectly.
- Grilled Vegetables. The best thing about a platter of grilled zucchini, eggplant, summer squash and peppers is that you can mix and match any combination that your kids enjoy. Just slather the vegetables with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and grill until you see sears.
- Grilled Meatballs. Meatballs are geat for kids for similar reasons: they’re conveniently bite-sized, they’re easy to assemble, and they cook quickly on the grill for impatient little ones—or adults!
- Grilled Steak Salad. This one-dish dinner is composed of foods that will entice everyone, including grilled steak, kid-friendly quinoa, and a creamy yogurt dressing.
- Corn on the Cob. Corn on the cob is a summer rite of passage, a star player on any backyard table spread. If you’ve got more adventurous eaters, try serving grilled corn covered in a sweet, honey-ginger barbecue sauce.
- Grilled Pizza or Flatbread. Few things are easier than taking pizza dough—store-bought or homemade, doesn’t matter—and tossing it on the grill with whichever kid-approved toppings your crowd enjoys.
- Simple Grilled Chicken. This simple, go-to option doesn’t have to be boring—use plenty of garlic and herbs in the marinade to infuse the meat with flavor.
And for more healthy recipes from The Local Moms Network, visit our new Food/Recipes section!